Crowdfunding campaign’s 3D aim
- Credit: Supplied
Three schools have joined forces with an innovation company in an effort to raise thousands of pounds to provide modern technology for their students.
Clevedon School, Tickenham Primary School and Yeo Moor Primary School, all part of the Clevedon Learning Trust, are crowdfunding with You Invent to raise £4,500 to buy state-of-the-art 3D printers.
John Wells, Clevedon Learning Trust headteacher, said: “I would like to thank the parents of the three trust schools who have already donated to the project.
“We are always keen to work in partnership with local businesses and see this as a chance to engage with the industry and help students understand the skills they need as they prepare to enter the workplace.”
The trust also received donations from businesses within the community, including the Rotary Club of Clevedon Yeo, WS Atkins and the Clevedon Round Table.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Liam Fox, parliamentary candidate for North Somerset, has also been in support of the scheme having recently visited Clevedon School to speak to students about it and see the school’s current 3D printer in action.
Iain Major, You Invent CEO, added: “You Invent is all about helping schools get innovative technology at no overall cost to them and then engaging them in a supportive network where students can access projects grounded in the real world.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 5 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 6 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 7 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 8 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 9 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
“This is achieved by us assisting them with a crowdfunding campaign which is the online equivalent of PTA fundraising but allows local businesses, former students and distant family members to join in as well as parents.”
The total for the campaign currently stands at £1,300.
To donate visit www.crowdpatch.co.uk and search for Clevedon School, Yeo Moor School, Tickenham School or Clevedon Learning Trust.