Crowdfunding campaign’s 3D aim
- Credit: Supplied
Three schools have joined forces with an innovation company in an effort to raise thousands of pounds to provide modern technology for their students.
Clevedon School, Tickenham Primary School and Yeo Moor Primary School, all part of the Clevedon Learning Trust, are crowdfunding with You Invent to raise £4,500 to buy state-of-the-art 3D printers.
John Wells, Clevedon Learning Trust headteacher, said: “I would like to thank the parents of the three trust schools who have already donated to the project.
“We are always keen to work in partnership with local businesses and see this as a chance to engage with the industry and help students understand the skills they need as they prepare to enter the workplace.”
The trust also received donations from businesses within the community, including the Rotary Club of Clevedon Yeo, WS Atkins and the Clevedon Round Table.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Liam Fox, parliamentary candidate for North Somerset, has also been in support of the scheme having recently visited Clevedon School to speak to students about it and see the school’s current 3D printer in action.
Iain Major, You Invent CEO, added: “You Invent is all about helping schools get innovative technology at no overall cost to them and then engaging them in a supportive network where students can access projects grounded in the real world.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 6 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
“This is achieved by us assisting them with a crowdfunding campaign which is the online equivalent of PTA fundraising but allows local businesses, former students and distant family members to join in as well as parents.”
The total for the campaign currently stands at £1,300.
To donate visit www.crowdpatch.co.uk and search for Clevedon School, Yeo Moor School, Tickenham School or Clevedon Learning Trust.