Congresbury youngsters win awards at prize ceremony – pictures
- Credit: Archant
Community-minded Congresbury children have been praised for making an outstanding contribution to the village at an awards ceremony.
Congresbury Youth Partnership (CYP) held its Young Persons Awards on Friday, honouring youngsters who have gone above and beyond the call of duty.
Village organisations including rainbows, cubs, beavers and brownies nominated children for the awards, which were founded in memory of CYP’s former organiser Tony Sullivan after he died in 2010.
And after sifting through a lengthy list of nominations, 10 children were recognised for their brilliant efforts at an awards ceremony at Congresbury Recreation Club.
Cecilia Brumby, Charles Knott, Alex Popes, Chloe Chetland and Noah Huxtable were among the deserving winners.
Esther Heggie, Tom Camble, Dillon Collins and Katie and Gabriella Smith also walked away with prizes.
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Village to host first ever season of live events