CONFIDENT pupils from primary schools in and around Clevedon took part in a public speaking competition organised by the Rotary Club of Clevedon.
Held at Mary Elton Primary School, this was the 13th year the contest has been put on in North Somerset.
Children from Yeo Moor Primary School were crowned winners of the Key Stage One category and pupils of St John Primary School won the Key Stage Two contest.
All participants received a certificate and a dictionary.
Club secretary Peter Holl said: “The standard was extremely high, the confidence of the youngsters was unbelievable and the topics wide-ranging.”
You may also want to watch:
Next year’s competition will be held at Tickenham Primary School.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 4 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 10 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act