CONFIDENT pupils from primary schools in and around Clevedon took part in a public speaking competition organised by the Rotary Club of Clevedon.
Held at Mary Elton Primary School, this was the 13th year the contest has been put on in North Somerset.
Children from Yeo Moor Primary School were crowned winners of the Key Stage One category and pupils of St John Primary School won the Key Stage Two contest.
All participants received a certificate and a dictionary.
Club secretary Peter Holl said: “The standard was extremely high, the confidence of the youngsters was unbelievable and the topics wide-ranging.”
You may also want to watch:
Next year’s competition will be held at Tickenham Primary School.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 6 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine