CONFIDENT pupils from primary schools in and around Clevedon took part in a public speaking competition organised by the Rotary Club of Clevedon.
Held at Mary Elton Primary School, this was the 13th year the contest has been put on in North Somerset.
Children from Yeo Moor Primary School were crowned winners of the Key Stage One category and pupils of St John Primary School won the Key Stage Two contest.
All participants received a certificate and a dictionary.
Club secretary Peter Holl said: “The standard was extremely high, the confidence of the youngsters was unbelievable and the topics wide-ranging.”
You may also want to watch:
Next year’s competition will be held at Tickenham Primary School.
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves