Clevedon pupils top charts for online maths quiz
- Credit: Sub
Clevedon pupils topped the mathematics charts at the end of the autumn term.
Pupils at Yeo Moor Primary School, in Kennaway Road, are heading up an online maths quiz showing they are quick and accurate with their arithmetic.
The top student at the school has an average speed of 0.55 seconds per answer.
In the fun, interactive competition, the pupils become guitar heroes by completing challenges.
Timetable Rock Stars is an online tool for improving the fluency and rapid recall of the times tables.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters are working at school and at home to become a rock hero which means they can answer all questions in less than one second.
The school’s measures to boost learning include creating an ‘irresistible curriculum’ so children are passionate about going to school, putting books at the centre of study and implementing an ethos of reading, inspiring and writing.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Camera club wants new members to join
Headteacher Roland Lovatt praised the pupils’ ‘tremendous’ achievement.