Clevedon pupils top charts for online maths quiz
- Credit: Sub
Clevedon pupils topped the mathematics charts at the end of the autumn term.
Pupils at Yeo Moor Primary School, in Kennaway Road, are heading up an online maths quiz showing they are quick and accurate with their arithmetic.
The top student at the school has an average speed of 0.55 seconds per answer.
In the fun, interactive competition, the pupils become guitar heroes by completing challenges.
Timetable Rock Stars is an online tool for improving the fluency and rapid recall of the times tables.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters are working at school and at home to become a rock hero which means they can answer all questions in less than one second.
The school’s measures to boost learning include creating an ‘irresistible curriculum’ so children are passionate about going to school, putting books at the centre of study and implementing an ethos of reading, inspiring and writing.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 5 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
Headteacher Roland Lovatt praised the pupils’ ‘tremendous’ achievement.