Clevedon School talent on show
TALENTED teenagers from across Clevedon will perform in front of their family and friends as part of a charity fundraising event.
A group of enterprising A-level business studies students at Clevedon School have organised Talent 11 to take place at the Valley Road school on October 18.
Auditions are currently being held to find the acts to perform on the night, which could include singers, dancers, magicians and gymnasts.
As part of their final year of A-level studies, a team of 15 pupils are working on the project to organise, promote and run Talent 11, which will collect cash for Children in Need.
Their work began in July and has included creating and printing Talent 11 T-shirts and tickets, organising accommodation for two special guests, organising auditions and buying new microphones and a mixing board for the school.
You may also want to watch:
Similar events to raise money for Children in Need have been held at the school for the past four years.
The team’s media and promotions manager Sam Chappell said: “We are aiming to exceed last year’s profit of �2,000. This year is going to be bigger and better.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
During the evening, which will begin at 7pm and include two special guests, hot and cold food and drinks will be on sale.
Tickets, priced �5-7, will be sold on the door.