Clevedon School students take part in democratic education workshops
- Credit: Supplied
Students at Clevedon School have taken part in a series of workshops all about democracy in education.
The school, in Valley Road, was visited by charity the Phoenix Education Trust which taught students about the democratic process.
Head of English Jo Carrington said: “This was a wonderful experience for the students.
“It was a pleasure to work with them, listen to their ideas and see their independence grow.
“I look forward to seeing how the students’ ideas will impact over the next term.”
You may also want to watch:
Highlights of the day, which was also attended by pupils from St Katherine’s School in Pill, included a talk by Clevedon School student Will Stock who debated what should be classed as quality education.
He also explained about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4, which aims to ensure the provision of inclusive and good quality education for every child in the world by 2030.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 5 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 6 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 7 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments