Clevedon School students take part in democratic education workshops
- Credit: Supplied
Students at Clevedon School have taken part in a series of workshops all about democracy in education.
The school, in Valley Road, was visited by charity the Phoenix Education Trust which taught students about the democratic process.
Head of English Jo Carrington said: “This was a wonderful experience for the students.
“It was a pleasure to work with them, listen to their ideas and see their independence grow.
“I look forward to seeing how the students’ ideas will impact over the next term.”
You may also want to watch:
Highlights of the day, which was also attended by pupils from St Katherine’s School in Pill, included a talk by Clevedon School student Will Stock who debated what should be classed as quality education.
He also explained about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4, which aims to ensure the provision of inclusive and good quality education for every child in the world by 2030.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 9 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 10 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe