Clevedon School students take part in democratic education workshops
- Credit: Supplied
Students at Clevedon School have taken part in a series of workshops all about democracy in education.
The school, in Valley Road, was visited by charity the Phoenix Education Trust which taught students about the democratic process.
Head of English Jo Carrington said: “This was a wonderful experience for the students.
“It was a pleasure to work with them, listen to their ideas and see their independence grow.
“I look forward to seeing how the students’ ideas will impact over the next term.”
You may also want to watch:
Highlights of the day, which was also attended by pupils from St Katherine’s School in Pill, included a talk by Clevedon School student Will Stock who debated what should be classed as quality education.
He also explained about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4, which aims to ensure the provision of inclusive and good quality education for every child in the world by 2030.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads