Clevedon School students take part in democratic education workshops
- Credit: Supplied
Students at Clevedon School have taken part in a series of workshops all about democracy in education.
The school, in Valley Road, was visited by charity the Phoenix Education Trust which taught students about the democratic process.
Head of English Jo Carrington said: “This was a wonderful experience for the students.
“It was a pleasure to work with them, listen to their ideas and see their independence grow.
“I look forward to seeing how the students’ ideas will impact over the next term.”
Highlights of the day, which was also attended by pupils from St Katherine’s School in Pill, included a talk by Clevedon School student Will Stock who debated what should be classed as quality education.
He also explained about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 4, which aims to ensure the provision of inclusive and good quality education for every child in the world by 2030.
- 1 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 4 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 5 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 6 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 7 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 8 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 9 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 10 Doctors surgery to get revamp