Clevedon School students star in ITV hit Broadchurch
- Credit: Supplied
Clevedon School is celebrating its appearance in a prime time television drama.
Broadchurch returned to ITV on Monday night with its third series and the school, in Valley Road, was used as the setting for several scenes.
It is the third time the school, known as South Wessex Secondary School in the programme, has been used in the BAFTA-winning show with staff and students given the chance to make cameo appearances, and the school’s own coffee van, Hector, being used to serve refreshments to staff.
Jamie Williams, the school’s head of pastoral care, said: “It was a delight to work with the cast and crew of Broadchurch.
“They filmed over several months and really became part of the Clevedon School family.
“It gave the selected students a real insight into the world of television production – long hours, hard work and a lot of hanging around waiting for your moment of action.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Jim Smith added: “We are delighted Broadchurch has once again chosen to use Clevedon School for its filming.
“It was a pleasure to let them use our school and also to serve David, Olivia and the cast some of our finest coffee out of Hector.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend