Clevedon School students star in ITV hit Broadchurch
- Credit: Supplied
Clevedon School is celebrating its appearance in a prime time television drama.
Broadchurch returned to ITV on Monday night with its third series and the school, in Valley Road, was used as the setting for several scenes.
It is the third time the school, known as South Wessex Secondary School in the programme, has been used in the BAFTA-winning show with staff and students given the chance to make cameo appearances, and the school’s own coffee van, Hector, being used to serve refreshments to staff.
Jamie Williams, the school’s head of pastoral care, said: “It was a delight to work with the cast and crew of Broadchurch.
“They filmed over several months and really became part of the Clevedon School family.
“It gave the selected students a real insight into the world of television production – long hours, hard work and a lot of hanging around waiting for your moment of action.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Jim Smith added: “We are delighted Broadchurch has once again chosen to use Clevedon School for its filming.
“It was a pleasure to let them use our school and also to serve David, Olivia and the cast some of our finest coffee out of Hector.”
- 1 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 2 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
- 3 May 17: Hall & Woodhouse Portishead opens indoors next week
- 4 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 5 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 6 Family days out in North Somerset
- 7 North Somerset communities benefit from development levy
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?