Students pass spoken English qualification
- Credit: Shane Dean
More than a dozen bright students received top marks in a presentation.
Fourteen students from Clevedon School have passed their advanced certificate in spoken English at the school.
The pupils carefully prepared in their own time over the past few months and gave their individual presentations.
They also led a seminar on a contemporary news event and presented a dramatic piece to their peers.
The whole-day examination was a 'fabulous success' with all of the students passing, some with a distinction.
You may also want to watch:
Head of English, Jo Carrington, said: "I am so proud of their success. The examination is a day-long and quite gruelling process, yet all the students rose to the challenge."
Clevedon School is part of the Clevedon Learning Trust which also cares for multiple primary schools in the town as well as a £4.9million primary school in Yatton, which is set to open in 2020.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Clevedon school launches pop up shop to support low income families
- 7 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 8 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend