Students pass spoken English qualification
- Credit: Shane Dean
More than a dozen bright students received top marks in a presentation.
Fourteen students from Clevedon School have passed their advanced certificate in spoken English at the school.
The pupils carefully prepared in their own time over the past few months and gave their individual presentations.
They also led a seminar on a contemporary news event and presented a dramatic piece to their peers.
The whole-day examination was a 'fabulous success' with all of the students passing, some with a distinction.
You may also want to watch:
Head of English, Jo Carrington, said: "I am so proud of their success. The examination is a day-long and quite gruelling process, yet all the students rose to the challenge."
Clevedon School is part of the Clevedon Learning Trust which also cares for multiple primary schools in the town as well as a £4.9million primary school in Yatton, which is set to open in 2020.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 3 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day