Clevedon School’s Guys And Dolls show thrills audiences
- Credit: Mike Thie
Young actors at Clevedon School have put on another ‘London quality’ production.
Students aged 11-18 took part in a week of Guys And Dolls performances seen by more than 1,000 people.
Jim Smith, headteacher, said: “We are truly London quality and this is shown by the amount of awards we win year-on-year.
“We are so proud of the whole production team.
“Students plus ex-students, parents and friends of the school got involved building set, back stage, lighting, sound, desks and orchestra – there were no soundtracks here.”
You may also want to watch:
Deb Morgan, head of dance and show director, added: “Guys And Dolls was our most advanced production to date.
“They excelled themselves and worked so hard.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 3 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Police commissioner proposes rise in policing part of tax bill
- 8 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 9 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 10 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
“We want to challenge ourselves to be the very best we can be and the students never fail to amaze me as to what they can achieve.”