Clevedon School’s Guys And Dolls show thrills audiences
- Credit: Mike Thie
Young actors at Clevedon School have put on another ‘London quality’ production.
Students aged 11-18 took part in a week of Guys And Dolls performances seen by more than 1,000 people.
Jim Smith, headteacher, said: “We are truly London quality and this is shown by the amount of awards we win year-on-year.
“We are so proud of the whole production team.
“Students plus ex-students, parents and friends of the school got involved building set, back stage, lighting, sound, desks and orchestra – there were no soundtracks here.”
Deb Morgan, head of dance and show director, added: “Guys And Dolls was our most advanced production to date.
“They excelled themselves and worked so hard.
- 1 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 2 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 3 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 4 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 5 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 6 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 7 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Home star Hughes wins Nailsea OBE tournament
- 10 Clevedon sixth formers teach English to non-native speakers
“We want to challenge ourselves to be the very best we can be and the students never fail to amaze me as to what they can achieve.”