Clevedon School climber overcomes injury to spark entrepreneurial dream
- Credit: Contributed
A Clevedon student is dreaming of starting his own rock climbing business after overcoming a freak accident.
Laurence Proctor, aged 16, wants to combine his passion for the sport with his love of product design to set up his own venture.
But Laurence, who attends Clevedon School, has had to overcome adversity to rediscover his climbing talent after suffering a bad hand injury during a bouldering competition two years ago which hurt his confidence and motivation.
He said: “I am really glad I made it back into climbing because it allows me to push myself and escape from the stresses of life sometimes.
“I love both product design and rock climbing and aim to combine the two with my own business.”
You may also want to watch:
Since completing his recovery Laurence has begun taking on some of the biggest challenges of his life by climbing peaks both in the UK and in European countries including as Malta, Spain and Turkey.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 7 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 8 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?