Clevedon School pupils celebrate
YEAR 11 students at Clevedon School have celebrated some outstanding GCSE results.
This year’s cohort has achieved the highest proportion of pupils gaining 5 A*-C grades in the school’s history with a total of 85 per cent.
The overall figure for those achieving 5 A*-C grades, including maths and English, was set at 61 per cent, and the percentage of pupils gaining 5A*-A grades has also increased to more than 20 per cent.
The results also show a significant level of progress made by all students across different abilities.
Students who achieved some of the highest grades include Benedikta Fones who gained 14 A*s and one A, Michael Stock who achieved eight A*s and three As and Anna Jones who gained 10A*s and one A.
You may also want to watch:
The majority of students will go on to join the school’s sixth form in September to study AS and then A-levels.
Headteacher John Wells said: “I am very proud of the hard work and commitment shown by students during their time at Clevedon School.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
“These results are a symbol of the tremendous potential of all students.”