Clevedon School pupils celebrate
YEAR 11 students at Clevedon School have celebrated some outstanding GCSE results.
This year’s cohort has achieved the highest proportion of pupils gaining 5 A*-C grades in the school’s history with a total of 85 per cent.
The overall figure for those achieving 5 A*-C grades, including maths and English, was set at 61 per cent, and the percentage of pupils gaining 5A*-A grades has also increased to more than 20 per cent.
The results also show a significant level of progress made by all students across different abilities.
Students who achieved some of the highest grades include Benedikta Fones who gained 14 A*s and one A, Michael Stock who achieved eight A*s and three As and Anna Jones who gained 10A*s and one A.
You may also want to watch:
The majority of students will go on to join the school’s sixth form in September to study AS and then A-levels.
Headteacher John Wells said: “I am very proud of the hard work and commitment shown by students during their time at Clevedon School.
- 1 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 6 Murray named player of month at Clevedon
- 7 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 8 Somerset Speedway to sit out 2021 season
- 9 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
- 10 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
“These results are a symbol of the tremendous potential of all students.”