Clevedon School pupil pens 60,000-word book
- Credit: Supplied
A year 10 pupil at Clevedon School has written a 60,000-word book.
Janey Little dreams of becoming an author and has become an English ambassador for the school since completing the young adult story.
She has written a number of stories over the years touching on various genres including fantasy, but hopes her latest effort will inspire fellow students to take up creative writing.
Janey said: “Reading and writing is my passion.
“My own big dream is to be an author.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be wonderful to see other students writing their own books and novels.”
Jo Carrington, head of English at Clevedon School, added: “Janey is an inspiration and a brilliant ambassador for the school, and for English in general.
- 1 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
“She will go far.”
Earlier this year, Clevedon School was named as a national centre for the English Speaking Board due to its success in the subject.