Clevedon School pupil pens 60,000-word book
- Credit: Supplied
A year 10 pupil at Clevedon School has written a 60,000-word book.
Janey Little dreams of becoming an author and has become an English ambassador for the school since completing the young adult story.
She has written a number of stories over the years touching on various genres including fantasy, but hopes her latest effort will inspire fellow students to take up creative writing.
Janey said: “Reading and writing is my passion.
“My own big dream is to be an author.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be wonderful to see other students writing their own books and novels.”
Jo Carrington, head of English at Clevedon School, added: “Janey is an inspiration and a brilliant ambassador for the school, and for English in general.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 5 Camera club wants new members to join
- 6 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town
“She will go far.”
Earlier this year, Clevedon School was named as a national centre for the English Speaking Board due to its success in the subject.