Clevedon pupils succeed in darts competition
- Credit: Mike Thie
A high-achieving academy has enjoyed hosting its own darts championship.
Clevedon School students have been enjoying their popular annual inter-house darts tournament.
The pupils tucked into the Chartwells’ pub menu while watching the teams battle it out to take home the trophy.
Conygar house left victorious thanks to the trio of Mr ‘Warrior’ Worland, Sophie Cox and Lucas Selway.
The tournament was the latest in dozens of academic, sporting and fun events held over the past year in the Clevedon School House Championship.
You may also want to watch:
The school, which is part of the expanding Clevedon Learning Trust, has hundreds of house competitions for students to enjoy throughout the year.
The championship co-ordinator Mike Thie said: “This was yet another fun and magnificent house event.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
“There was all the atmosphere of a challenging darts competition.
“The staff and students thoroughly enjoyed the whole event.”