Clevedon pupils succeed in darts competition
- Credit: Mike Thie
A high-achieving academy has enjoyed hosting its own darts championship.
Clevedon School students have been enjoying their popular annual inter-house darts tournament.
The pupils tucked into the Chartwells’ pub menu while watching the teams battle it out to take home the trophy.
Conygar house left victorious thanks to the trio of Mr ‘Warrior’ Worland, Sophie Cox and Lucas Selway.
The tournament was the latest in dozens of academic, sporting and fun events held over the past year in the Clevedon School House Championship.
The school, which is part of the expanding Clevedon Learning Trust, has hundreds of house competitions for students to enjoy throughout the year.
The championship co-ordinator Mike Thie said: “This was yet another fun and magnificent house event.
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 5 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 6 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
“There was all the atmosphere of a challenging darts competition.
“The staff and students thoroughly enjoyed the whole event.”