Clevedon School students ‘do themselves proud’ with ‘outstanding’ GCSE results
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon School students received ‘outstanding’ GCSE results today (Thursday), as years of hard work were rewarded with top grades.
The school received its best-ever maths and English results, with 72 per cent of pupils receiving at least a grade 4 - a baseline pass - in both subjects, representing a 10 per cent improvement on 2018.
Two of the school's top performers were Janey Little and Eden Jones, who were rewarded with a stunning haul of results.
Janey achieved 12 9s and one 8, making her one of the top students in the country - while Eden completed a clean sweep of 10 9s, which is the equivilent of an A*.
The school also enjoyed top results for students whose first language is not English.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Jim Smith said: 'It is a delight to see students who have worked so hard, be rewarded with some outstanding grades and achieve the personal goals they set themselves earlier in the year.
"Along with their families, the staff here today are all thrilled for them and we look forward to teaching so many of them in our sixth form."
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 6 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 7 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 8 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 9 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
John Wells, chief executive of Clevedon Learning Trust added: "Once again the students and staff of Clevedon School have done themselves proud.
"I am delighted for everyone involved knowing the support and hard work that went on. Well done everyone."