Clevedon pupils look to the future
- Credit: Supplied
Clevedon children have entered a competition to create a comic strip depicting their dream career.
The year four pupils at Mary Elton Primary School, in Holland Road, entered the World Kids Colouring Day contest run by stationery company Staedtler.
The competition’s theme for the year was titled Bright Futures.
The aspirational pupils came up with various career ideas including an Olympic swimmer, RAF pilot and artist with children also tasked with explaining why they would like to pursue this career.
Teacher Cheryl Brown said: “We encourage our pupils to dream big and there have been fascinating discussions which opened their eyes to hundreds of future careers.”
You may also want to watch:
The school provides opportunities for children to meet experts in a variety of industries, from reception class to year six.
Mary Elton also runs its own journalism club, which is run by Miss Brown.
- 1 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 4 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 5 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 6 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 7 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 8 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5