Clevedon pupils look to the future
- Credit: Supplied
Clevedon children have entered a competition to create a comic strip depicting their dream career.
The year four pupils at Mary Elton Primary School, in Holland Road, entered the World Kids Colouring Day contest run by stationery company Staedtler.
The competition’s theme for the year was titled Bright Futures.
The aspirational pupils came up with various career ideas including an Olympic swimmer, RAF pilot and artist with children also tasked with explaining why they would like to pursue this career.
Teacher Cheryl Brown said: “We encourage our pupils to dream big and there have been fascinating discussions which opened their eyes to hundreds of future careers.”
You may also want to watch:
The school provides opportunities for children to meet experts in a variety of industries, from reception class to year six.
Mary Elton also runs its own journalism club, which is run by Miss Brown.
- 1 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea