Clevedon pupils look to the future
- Credit: Supplied
Clevedon children have entered a competition to create a comic strip depicting their dream career.
The year four pupils at Mary Elton Primary School, in Holland Road, entered the World Kids Colouring Day contest run by stationery company Staedtler.
The competition’s theme for the year was titled Bright Futures.
The aspirational pupils came up with various career ideas including an Olympic swimmer, RAF pilot and artist with children also tasked with explaining why they would like to pursue this career.
Teacher Cheryl Brown said: “We encourage our pupils to dream big and there have been fascinating discussions which opened their eyes to hundreds of future careers.”
You may also want to watch:
The school provides opportunities for children to meet experts in a variety of industries, from reception class to year six.
Mary Elton also runs its own journalism club, which is run by Miss Brown.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 8 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage