Clevedon pupils break GCSE records
CLEVEDON School pupils have once again achieved an outstanding set of record-breaking GCSE results.
Hundreds of teenagers rushed into the school hall this morning (Thurs) to pick up their result envelopes, with many whopping with delight at the grades they had achieved.
The year 11 pupils have made a significant improvement on last year’s results and therefore represent the highest in the school’s history.
This year 65 per cent of pupils gained at least 5A*-C grades including maths and English. Just less than 82 per cent of results fell into the A*-C grade category.
The majority of students exceeded their target grades in an array of subjects and the number of students achieving the A* grade has also increased.
Students who achieved some of the highest grades were Ella Miller (10A* and 1A), Natalie Ham (8A*, 1A and 1B), Kathryn Mortimore (5A*, 5A and 1B), Rebecca Fitzhenry (5A* and 6A), Lucy Pope (5A* and 6A).
Other high-achievers included George Harris (4A*, 3A, 2B and 1C), Naomi Treble (10A, 1B), Thomas Bidwell (2A*, 7A, 1B and 1C) and Oliver Martin (2A*, 6A and 3B).
- 1 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 2 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 3 LETTER: 'Has our council become a dictatorship?'
- 4 'Rundown' school play area given major refurb after campaign fundraises £10,000
- 5 Clevedon SC secure second place in the Cotswold League Final
- 6 Specialist pre-school in Clevedon rated 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 7 Clevedonian wins competition to name new housing development
- 8 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 9 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 10 Parental support charity receives lottery funding boost
Most of these pupils will now go on to the school’s sixth form to study for AS-levels.
Headteacher John Wells said: “I am very proud of the hard work and commitment shown by the students during their time at Clevedon School.
“These results are a symbol of the tremendous potential of all students.
“The staff are central to the ethos and provide excellent guidance and support.”
* Click on the link above to see a gallery of results day photos.