Clevedon pupils break GCSE records
CLEVEDON School pupils have once again achieved an outstanding set of record-breaking GCSE results.
Hundreds of teenagers rushed into the school hall this morning (Thurs) to pick up their result envelopes, with many whopping with delight at the grades they had achieved.
The year 11 pupils have made a significant improvement on last year’s results and therefore represent the highest in the school’s history.
This year 65 per cent of pupils gained at least 5A*-C grades including maths and English. Just less than 82 per cent of results fell into the A*-C grade category.
The majority of students exceeded their target grades in an array of subjects and the number of students achieving the A* grade has also increased.
You may also want to watch:
Students who achieved some of the highest grades were Ella Miller (10A* and 1A), Natalie Ham (8A*, 1A and 1B), Kathryn Mortimore (5A*, 5A and 1B), Rebecca Fitzhenry (5A* and 6A), Lucy Pope (5A* and 6A).
Other high-achievers included George Harris (4A*, 3A, 2B and 1C), Naomi Treble (10A, 1B), Thomas Bidwell (2A*, 7A, 1B and 1C) and Oliver Martin (2A*, 6A and 3B).
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 3 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 4 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 5 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 6 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 7 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 8 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 9 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
Most of these pupils will now go on to the school’s sixth form to study for AS-levels.
Headteacher John Wells said: “I am very proud of the hard work and commitment shown by the students during their time at Clevedon School.
“These results are a symbol of the tremendous potential of all students.
“The staff are central to the ethos and provide excellent guidance and support.”
* Click on the link above to see a gallery of results day photos.