Clevedon pupils break GCSE records
CLEVEDON School pupils have once again achieved an outstanding set of record-breaking GCSE results.
Hundreds of teenagers rushed into the school hall this morning (Thurs) to pick up their result envelopes, with many whopping with delight at the grades they had achieved.
The year 11 pupils have made a significant improvement on last year’s results and therefore represent the highest in the school’s history.
This year 65 per cent of pupils gained at least 5A*-C grades including maths and English. Just less than 82 per cent of results fell into the A*-C grade category.
The majority of students exceeded their target grades in an array of subjects and the number of students achieving the A* grade has also increased.
You may also want to watch:
Students who achieved some of the highest grades were Ella Miller (10A* and 1A), Natalie Ham (8A*, 1A and 1B), Kathryn Mortimore (5A*, 5A and 1B), Rebecca Fitzhenry (5A* and 6A), Lucy Pope (5A* and 6A).
Other high-achievers included George Harris (4A*, 3A, 2B and 1C), Naomi Treble (10A, 1B), Thomas Bidwell (2A*, 7A, 1B and 1C) and Oliver Martin (2A*, 6A and 3B).
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 4 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 5 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 6 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 7 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme
Most of these pupils will now go on to the school’s sixth form to study for AS-levels.
Headteacher John Wells said: “I am very proud of the hard work and commitment shown by the students during their time at Clevedon School.
“These results are a symbol of the tremendous potential of all students.
“The staff are central to the ethos and provide excellent guidance and support.”
* Click on the link above to see a gallery of results day photos.