Clevedon primary school enjoys Winter Olympics WOW day
- Credit: Contributed
Maths has been brought to life at a Clevedon primary school thanks to the Winter Olympics.
Yeo Moor Primary School pupils took part in a WOW day by attending school in a variety of Olympic sportswear.
Children arrived at school wrapped up warm in wooly hats and thick coats in preparation for the day-long event.
The Tacky And The Winter Games event saw children take part in fun workshops and learning exercises which were all about maths.
Parents and carers were also invited to take part.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Roland Lovatt said: “This was a tremendous event of learning and great fun for the children.
“We want to say a big thank you to all the parents and carers for giving up their time to share in their children’s learning.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 5 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
“It really does make a difference.”
The WOW day was led by key stage two maths teacher Sarah Roden.