Clevedon primary school pupils celebrate artistic success
- Credit: Supplied
Mary Elton Primary School pupils have won prizes for creating pictures inspired by Clevedon Pier.
As part of North Somerset Arts Week, the children were challenged to create pieces in a variety of categories.
Headteacher Dean Hudd said: “We are so proud of our pupils.
“We regularly encourage them to enter competitions.
“They have done tremendously well.”
You may also want to watch:
The school has also rewarded pupils’ good behaviour by allowing them to enjoy biscuits and squash with Mr Hudd.
The Star Behaviour scheme will see pupils who have demonstrated extra effort or consistently behave well given the chance to meet with the headteacher on the final day of term.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
Teacher Cheryl Brown said: “At Mary Elton, we believe that children deserve to be praised for their positive behaviour and attitudes.
“We also feel that children should develop a sense of inner pride.”