Clevedon primary school hoping for learning trust benefits
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Clevedon primary school looks set to be the latest to convert to an academy.
Mary Elton Primary School, in Holland Road, is in the process of joining the Clevedon Learning Trust and hopes it will be confirmed as a member early this year.
The multi-academy trust (MAT) was formed in 2015 and already includes Clevedon School, Tickenham and Yeo Moor primary schools, as well as Northgate Primary School in Bridgwater which will open in September.
St Nicholas Chantry Primary School is also in talks to join.A Mary Elton spokesman said: “We believe there are strong benefits for Mary Elton in working together with other schools in Clevedon to reinforce excellence and build on existing strong collaboration in the cluster.
“At a time when resources are scarce, and Mary Elton will be facing a deficit in future years, we will be able to generate savings through sharing of resources and joint contracts.
“We will have more immediate call on shared services such as IT, printing and publishing, and training.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also more likely to be able to access funding for capital projects.
“Through sharing of resources and improved familiarisation, children’s transition from primary to secondary school will be better supported.
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 8 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 9 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
“By taking this step now, we are taking the future in our own hands and will be able to shape the direction and growth of a MAT which is still small.”