Clevedon primary school gets playground makeover
- Credit: Archant
New playground equipment has been installed at a Clevedon primary school after its home school association (HSA) raised almost £9,500.
Mary Elton Primary School’s HSA held cake sales, bingo, discos and film nights to raise the money for the play trail.
A spokesman for the school said: “The staff and parent volunteers have worked tremendously hard to achieve this and we are really proud of the new play trail.
“The children will be able to benefit from and enjoy it for many years to come.
“A special thanks goes to David and Kathrin Kirk who provided the groundwork either free or at significantly reduced cost, enabling us to purchase the equipment much sooner than we thought.”
You may also want to watch:
The school also announced it has joined the Clevedon Learning Trust this week, allowing it to share resources with Clevedon School, Tickenham and Yeo Moor primary schools.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 9 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 10 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser