Clevedon preschool saved after new lease is signed
- Credit: Archant
A Clevedon preschool has signed a new lease allowing it to remain at a primary school site.
Little Sparklers had looked set to leave its premises at Yeo Moor Primary School in Kennaway Road after nine years to allow the school to renovate it to accommodate extra reception class pupils.
But a new lease has now been signed to allow the preschool to remain there after the Clevedon Learning Trust – which includes Yeo Moor and Tickenham primary schools and Clevedon School – agreed to renovate other parts of the school.
Karen Hillcox, owner of Little Sparklers, said: “We are so pleased we have been given the opportunity to continue providing excellent childcare provision using the same facilities here at Yeo Moor Primary School.
“We cannot thank our parents enough for all of their support and we’d also like to give massive thanks to North Somerset’s Clevedon South councillor Bob Garner who recognised how much of an asset to the community we are and came to our rescue to assist in our continued existence at Yeo Moor Primary School. The outcome would have been different without his support.
“It has been a huge relief for all of our staff, families and the children who will be able to complete their time with us and for those who have graduated on from us.
“We are now looking forward to building the future of Little Sparklers and welcoming all prospective parents who are seeking quality care and education in a happy, fun environment.”
- 1 Backwell solar energy company to expand into Clevedon
- 2 New 24-hour gym to open in Portishead
- 3 Clevedon Choral is digging deep for new members this autumn
- 4 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 Skate park fundraiser reaches £27,000 - but needs YOUR help
- 6 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 7 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 10 Weather warning issued for thunderstorms across Somerset
Parents of children at the preschool set up a petition in January, which more than 200 people signed, while they also began fundraising to help it find new premises.
Suzie Millard, who organised the petition, said: “After hearing the news myself and all the parents were overcome with utter relief and so pleased with the outcome.”