Clevedon Montessori Nursery School’s ‘delight’ at outstanding Ofsted achievement
- Credit: Archant
A Clevedon nursery school has been rated as outstanding in all areas following its latest Ofsted inspection.
Clevedon Montessori Nursery School in Albert Road was awarded the top rating by the education watchdog in areas including teaching, progress and children’s welfare.
Staff, parents and children have all been celebrating the achievement with principal Maureen Burgoyne, who set up the nursery in 1987.
She said: “My established, long-term and highly-experienced staff team are all delighted at this result which shows the continuing, highest standards of the nursery.”
Ofsted inspectors praised the nursery in all areas but reserved particular praise for the relationships children develop with each other and members of staff.
You may also want to watch:
The report states: “Children’s communication and social skills are outstanding.
“Excellent assessments and checks help to ensure that children make impressive progress.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 3 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 4 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 5 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 6 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 7 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 8 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
“Children are highly responsive to staff and to each other.
“They show impressive levels of confidence in social situations, which helps them to communicate exceptionally well with staff and express their needs.
“Their impressive concentration, high levels of involvement and eagerness to take part in activities show that children enjoy their experiences immensely.”
The school uses the Montessori method of teaching which places emphasis on children’s independence and freedom within the classroom.
The nursery school, which accepts children aged two to five years old, was rated as good after its previous inspection in 2013.