Work begins on new primary school
- Credit: CLT
Building work has begun on a new school in Yatton.
Chestnut Park Primary School, at North End, is due to open in September.
A public meeting for parents will be held next month to give people an update.
Clevedon Learning Trust will run the £4.9million school, once North Somerset Council hands over the keys.
Its chief executive, John Wells, said: 'I am delighted work to build Chestnut Park has begun and I look forward to seeing the new school take shape over the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
"The lead up to September 2020 is going to be an exciting time as the trust implements its plans for making this an outstanding school at the heart of the local community."
There will be a reception and a joint year one and two class to start.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 5 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 6 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 7 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 8 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
The public drop-in session will be held at Horsecastle Chapel, in Horsecastle Farm Road, from 4-6pm on December 9.