Work begins on new primary school
- Credit: CLT
Building work has begun on a new school in Yatton.
Chestnut Park Primary School, at North End, is due to open in September.
A public meeting for parents will be held next month to give people an update.
Clevedon Learning Trust will run the £4.9million school, once North Somerset Council hands over the keys.
Its chief executive, John Wells, said: 'I am delighted work to build Chestnut Park has begun and I look forward to seeing the new school take shape over the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
"The lead up to September 2020 is going to be an exciting time as the trust implements its plans for making this an outstanding school at the heart of the local community."
There will be a reception and a joint year one and two class to start.
- 1 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 9 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 10 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
The public drop-in session will be held at Horsecastle Chapel, in Horsecastle Farm Road, from 4-6pm on December 9.