Work begins on new primary school
- Credit: CLT
Building work has begun on a new school in Yatton.
Chestnut Park Primary School, at North End, is due to open in September.
A public meeting for parents will be held next month to give people an update.
Clevedon Learning Trust will run the £4.9million school, once North Somerset Council hands over the keys.
Its chief executive, John Wells, said: 'I am delighted work to build Chestnut Park has begun and I look forward to seeing the new school take shape over the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
"The lead up to September 2020 is going to be an exciting time as the trust implements its plans for making this an outstanding school at the heart of the local community."
There will be a reception and a joint year one and two class to start.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 8 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 9 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
The public drop-in session will be held at Horsecastle Chapel, in Horsecastle Farm Road, from 4-6pm on December 9.