VIDEO: Children make heart-warming video to thank key workers
- Credit: Archant
Children from Weston and Worle have made a special video to say thank you to key workers who are risking their lives to help others during the pandemic.
Pupils from The Priory Learning Trust made the moving video with the help of Makaton tutor Joy Grimsby.
In it, members of Castle Batch Makaton Club and their families use the sign language to thank a host of key workers including teachers, police, bakers, delivery drivers, shop staff, firefighters and postmen and women.
The youngsters also urged people to stay safe during the lockdown.
Zoe Burchell said: “This is a video of local children saying thank you to key workers. We also wanted to say thank you to Mrs Joy Grimsby for teaching the children all the Makaton signs and putting the video together.”
You may also want to watch:
Tonight, people will be gathering outside their homes to say thank you to our NHS heroes in the weekly clap for the NHS at 8pm.
We want to offer readers a chance to say a personal thank you, or submit pictures and images of the NHS weekly applause, which we can then compile for publication both in print and online.
- 1 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 2 Care home staff ensure Portishead couple enjoy romantic meal in lockdown
- 3 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 4 Clevedon Co-op to close temporarily
- 5 Charity available to help villagers during coronavirus crisis
- 6 Financial support extended for North Somerset businesses
- 7 Controlled explosion carried out at nature reserve
- 8 Council tax to increase for 'most exciting council budget in 18 years'
- 9 Portishead residents facing skyrocketing costs due to unsafe cladding
- 10 Council to focus on making community 'better and stronger' post Covid
Send us your NHS thank yous as landscape video clips of no more than 10 seconds, or as photo messages, together with full details of who is featured (including name and address), to firstname.lastname@example.org