Children become rockstars to boost maths learning
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at a Portishead school channelled their inner rock star to bolster their mental arithmetic.
Children at Trinity Primary School ‘ignited their passion for maths’ by donning brightly-coloured clothing and sporting some quirky hairstyles.
The children spent the day focussing on their times tables, leading to a ‘mathematical buzz around the school’.
The day was inspired by Times Tables Rockstars, a mobile app children use to boost their maths skills.
A school spokesman told the Times: “Students dressed as rockstars for the day to raise the profile of times tables across the school in a fun and engaging way.
You may also want to watch:
“The children were involved in a range of mathematical activities to ignite their passion for maths.
“There was a real mathematical buzz around the school and the children and staff enjoyed being rock stars for the day.”
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 6 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 7 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 8 Clevedon's Hayer enjoying international exposure
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Local girls earn call-up to England squad