Children become rockstars to boost maths learning
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at a Portishead school channelled their inner rock star to bolster their mental arithmetic.
Children at Trinity Primary School ‘ignited their passion for maths’ by donning brightly-coloured clothing and sporting some quirky hairstyles.
The children spent the day focussing on their times tables, leading to a ‘mathematical buzz around the school’.
The day was inspired by Times Tables Rockstars, a mobile app children use to boost their maths skills.
A school spokesman told the Times: “Students dressed as rockstars for the day to raise the profile of times tables across the school in a fun and engaging way.
You may also want to watch:
“The children were involved in a range of mathematical activities to ignite their passion for maths.
“There was a real mathematical buzz around the school and the children and staff enjoyed being rock stars for the day.”
- 1 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
- 2 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 3 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 4 Popular community centre café closes
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Circus Zyair is coming to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 8 Hundreds take part in sponsored walk to raise money for charities
- 9 Valley Fest to go ahead with Texas as headliner
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts