Children become rockstars to boost maths learning
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at a Portishead school channelled their inner rock star to bolster their mental arithmetic.
Children at Trinity Primary School ‘ignited their passion for maths’ by donning brightly-coloured clothing and sporting some quirky hairstyles.
The children spent the day focussing on their times tables, leading to a ‘mathematical buzz around the school’.
The day was inspired by Times Tables Rockstars, a mobile app children use to boost their maths skills.
A school spokesman told the Times: “Students dressed as rockstars for the day to raise the profile of times tables across the school in a fun and engaging way.
You may also want to watch:
“The children were involved in a range of mathematical activities to ignite their passion for maths.
“There was a real mathematical buzz around the school and the children and staff enjoyed being rock stars for the day.”
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season