Cheddar challenge for Congresbury Youth Partnership
- Credit: Archant
Children from one of North Somerset’s villages enjoyed some fresh air and fun outdoors during a half-term day trip to Cheddar.
The Congresbury Youth Partnership hosted a trip to Cheddar Gorge as part of its half-term activity programme, which also saw youngsters create Valentine’s Day crafts and treats.
The young people completed a five-mile nature walk, taking in the Gorge and Cheddar’s High Street.
They then rounded off the challenging activity by stopping for a well-deserved ice cream.
Group leader Sarah Storey said: “The group learned how to use a compass and how to read a map, thanks to Ben from Emfast who led the walk with his dog Trixie.
“Our thanks also go to Michelle, our youth worker, and our volunteer Di.”
- 1 Yatton RFC make history with first ever under-nine game
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 4 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 5 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 6 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 7 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 8 New free BMX track proposed for Portishead
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin