‘Good’ Ofsted rating for Flax Bourton nursery
- Credit: Archant
A Flax Bourton nursery has received high praise from an education watchdog, reaching outstanding standards in some areas.
Charlton Nursery, in Main Road, has been rated good by Ofsted after an inspection last month.
Ofsted found the nursery’s leadership, teaching and outcomes for children were reaching a good standard, and children’s personal development and behaviour was outstanding.
Inspector Sarah Madge’s report read: “Staff plan are highly attractive and stimulating play areas, which inspire children to explore and investigate.
“All children are extremely inquisitive, highly confident and concentrate on activities superbly for their age. For example, babies are engrossed and fascinated as they discover how to paint using celery sticks, showing excellent curiosity.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff work closely with parents to support strong links between home and the nursery.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments