Centre’s ‘good’ first review
NAILSEA and Backwell Children’s Centre has been praised by Ofsted inspectors for its welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
The preschool centre, which holds regular group sessions, activities and trips, was rated good by the education watchdog after its first review.
Ellen Genge, who leads the children’s centre in Pound Lane, Nailsea, said she was delighted with the report.
She said: “To be graded as good is a fantastic achievement and provides us with a great base to move forward in the future.”
The Ofsted report said children were making good progress educationally and the centre provided a good platform ahead of primary school.
You may also want to watch:
Staff were also praised for their dedication, parenting skills and monitoring children’s behaviour.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week