Centre’s ‘good’ first review
NAILSEA and Backwell Children’s Centre has been praised by Ofsted inspectors for its welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
The preschool centre, which holds regular group sessions, activities and trips, was rated good by the education watchdog after its first review.
Ellen Genge, who leads the children’s centre in Pound Lane, Nailsea, said she was delighted with the report.
She said: “To be graded as good is a fantastic achievement and provides us with a great base to move forward in the future.”
The Ofsted report said children were making good progress educationally and the centre provided a good platform ahead of primary school.
You may also want to watch:
Staff were also praised for their dedication, parenting skills and monitoring children’s behaviour.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 4 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 5 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 6 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 10 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset