Centre’s ‘good’ first review
NAILSEA and Backwell Children’s Centre has been praised by Ofsted inspectors for its welcoming and friendly atmosphere.
The preschool centre, which holds regular group sessions, activities and trips, was rated good by the education watchdog after its first review.
Ellen Genge, who leads the children’s centre in Pound Lane, Nailsea, said she was delighted with the report.
She said: “To be graded as good is a fantastic achievement and provides us with a great base to move forward in the future.”
The Ofsted report said children were making good progress educationally and the centre provided a good platform ahead of primary school.
You may also want to watch:
Staff were also praised for their dedication, parenting skills and monitoring children’s behaviour.
- 1 Modern and versatile four-bedroom home
- 2 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 3 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 7 Light the Night celebration to take place in Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year