Celebrations for Gordano pupils
STUDENTS at Gordano School in Portishead are celebrating yet another outstanding set of A-level results.
More than 75 per cent of the grades achieved were A*- C grades and for the eighth consecutive year the pass rate at A-E grades exceeded 99 per cent.
A record 18 students achieved at least three A grades. The host of exceptional performances was topped by Dan Wilson who achieved five full A-levels, four at A* and the other grade A.
Dan will now be able to take up his place at Oxford in September, where he will study physics and is particularly interested in research.
James Douglas and Alexander Mildon both achieved three A* and one A. James will study medicine at Bristol University while Alexander will read chemistry at Bath.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Gary Lewis, who joined the school in 2010, says he is delighted with another strong year of achievement at Gordano School sixth form.
He said: “It has been great to maintain this quality and strength at a time when we have been growing as a sixth form. I am so pleased to see that the hard work and talent of our students and their teachers yielded success.”
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 6 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 7 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 8 Call for community to support 'vital' children's hospice
- 9 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected