Celebrations for Gordano pupils
STUDENTS at Gordano School in Portishead are celebrating yet another outstanding set of A-level results.
More than 75 per cent of the grades achieved were A*- C grades and for the eighth consecutive year the pass rate at A-E grades exceeded 99 per cent.
A record 18 students achieved at least three A grades. The host of exceptional performances was topped by Dan Wilson who achieved five full A-levels, four at A* and the other grade A.
Dan will now be able to take up his place at Oxford in September, where he will study physics and is particularly interested in research.
James Douglas and Alexander Mildon both achieved three A* and one A. James will study medicine at Bristol University while Alexander will read chemistry at Bath.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Gary Lewis, who joined the school in 2010, says he is delighted with another strong year of achievement at Gordano School sixth form.
He said: “It has been great to maintain this quality and strength at a time when we have been growing as a sixth form. I am so pleased to see that the hard work and talent of our students and their teachers yielded success.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 8 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 9 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week