CASA to mark first birthday
- Credit: Archant
THE Clevedon Adult Studies Association (CASA) will celebrate its first birthday in June following a successful 12 months.
As the local branch of the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA), the group was set up last summer to give people the chance to learn about a host of new subjects.
All of the courses offered by CASA have proved very popular thanks to the enthusiasm of the tutors involved.
Later in the year courses will be offered in European cinema, literature, local history, art history, astronomy and music.
On Monday, Maggie Choyce will begin a course of five two-hour sessions at the Curzon cinema in Old Church Road to teach people about the development of French cinema.
You may also want to watch:
From June 7, a programme of five two-hour sessions will also begin at St Andrew’s Church Centre in Old Church Road covering the domestic history of England from 1066-1950. This will be taught by Jane Hack, who will reveal fascinating details of the lifestyles and living conditions of people through the ages.
For more details or to book a place call Pat on 01275 875349, Maggie on 877108 or email email@example.com
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 4 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice – we’re here to listen and act
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches