CASA to mark first birthday
- Credit: Archant
THE Clevedon Adult Studies Association (CASA) will celebrate its first birthday in June following a successful 12 months.
As the local branch of the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA), the group was set up last summer to give people the chance to learn about a host of new subjects.
All of the courses offered by CASA have proved very popular thanks to the enthusiasm of the tutors involved.
Later in the year courses will be offered in European cinema, literature, local history, art history, astronomy and music.
On Monday, Maggie Choyce will begin a course of five two-hour sessions at the Curzon cinema in Old Church Road to teach people about the development of French cinema.
You may also want to watch:
From June 7, a programme of five two-hour sessions will also begin at St Andrew’s Church Centre in Old Church Road covering the domestic history of England from 1066-1950. This will be taught by Jane Hack, who will reveal fascinating details of the lifestyles and living conditions of people through the ages.
For more details or to book a place call Pat on 01275 875349, Maggie on 877108 or email email@example.com
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 6 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset