CASA to mark first birthday
- Credit: Archant
THE Clevedon Adult Studies Association (CASA) will celebrate its first birthday in June following a successful 12 months.
As the local branch of the Workers’ Educational Association (WEA), the group was set up last summer to give people the chance to learn about a host of new subjects.
All of the courses offered by CASA have proved very popular thanks to the enthusiasm of the tutors involved.
Later in the year courses will be offered in European cinema, literature, local history, art history, astronomy and music.
On Monday, Maggie Choyce will begin a course of five two-hour sessions at the Curzon cinema in Old Church Road to teach people about the development of French cinema.
You may also want to watch:
From June 7, a programme of five two-hour sessions will also begin at St Andrew’s Church Centre in Old Church Road covering the domestic history of England from 1066-1950. This will be taught by Jane Hack, who will reveal fascinating details of the lifestyles and living conditions of people through the ages.
For more details or to book a place call Pat on 01275 875349, Maggie on 877108 or email email@example.com
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 7 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 8 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call