Calendar hits the right note
TEACHERS from Backwell School have been transforming themselves into rock legends such as Madonna and Elvis for a charity calendar.
Staff from the school have been dressing up as Amy Winehouse, Take That, Freddie Mercury and ACDC to raise cash for new school equipment.
The calendar is being sponsored by a number of local businesses, which have been providing the settings for the photo shoots.
Backwell School Association has organised the fund-raising scheme. Committee member Karen Cook said: “The calendars are �5 each and on every page there is a member of staff humiliating themselves in aid of a good cause.
“We are doing it because we want to improve the environment and the facilities for the pupils, so we hope people will support us by buying the calendars.”
You may also want to watch:
Staff first posed for a charity calendar in 2009, when they dressed up as popular film characters to raise money.
This year they are hoping to buy all-weather canopies to enable students to shelter from the rain and sun during lunch and break times.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 4 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 Ashton & Backwell's season could "crumble" warns Jones
The calendars will go on sale at the beginning of December and can be purchased from the school office or at the Christmas fair on December 3, which is being held from 6.30-9pm.