Business restores old military Land Rovers
- Credit: Archant
Two former military Land Rovers which had declined into little more than rusty wrecks are ready to return to work, but of quite a different nature.
Replacing the frontline with secluded hills and valleys, the overland-ready works of art will now be put to work ferrying passengers around the Mendips. Portishead couple Paul and Saz Casey spent months lovingly restoring the 40-year-old vehicles to add character to the adventure holidays and adrenaline sport activities they run with their business Try4Fun.
Paul said: “Having a military background I couldn’t resist the challenge of restoring these great old Land Rovers and using them for the business.
“Try4Fun is an adventure activities business where the emphasis is on fun and I think these beauties have fun written all over them.”
In addition to team-building days and family adventure holidays, Try4Fun helps local groups and organisations raise funds for good causes.
You may also want to watch:
Paul added: “Whether someone wants to abseil down a cliff, organise a sponsored night walk or explore caves and caverns, if it’s in the name of fundraising, the experienced team at Try4Fun can help.
“We lend a helping hand to good causes by taking no upfront payments and organising all the necessary administration before and after the event.
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 8 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
“We pride ourselves in offering the best bespoke experience and event solution to meet all needs, offering activities that leave participants walking away knowing they have achieved something that many others only dream of doing.”
With the Land Rovers complete, Paul and Saz have just taken delivery of an old boat which they plan to restore and add to the Try4Fun fleet.”