Business restores old military Land Rovers
- Credit: Archant
Two former military Land Rovers which had declined into little more than rusty wrecks are ready to return to work, but of quite a different nature.
Replacing the frontline with secluded hills and valleys, the overland-ready works of art will now be put to work ferrying passengers around the Mendips. Portishead couple Paul and Saz Casey spent months lovingly restoring the 40-year-old vehicles to add character to the adventure holidays and adrenaline sport activities they run with their business Try4Fun.
Paul said: “Having a military background I couldn’t resist the challenge of restoring these great old Land Rovers and using them for the business.
“Try4Fun is an adventure activities business where the emphasis is on fun and I think these beauties have fun written all over them.”
In addition to team-building days and family adventure holidays, Try4Fun helps local groups and organisations raise funds for good causes.
You may also want to watch:
Paul added: “Whether someone wants to abseil down a cliff, organise a sponsored night walk or explore caves and caverns, if it’s in the name of fundraising, the experienced team at Try4Fun can help.
“We lend a helping hand to good causes by taking no upfront payments and organising all the necessary administration before and after the event.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
“We pride ourselves in offering the best bespoke experience and event solution to meet all needs, offering activities that leave participants walking away knowing they have achieved something that many others only dream of doing.”
With the Land Rovers complete, Paul and Saz have just taken delivery of an old boat which they plan to restore and add to the Try4Fun fleet.”