Business restores old military Land Rovers
- Credit: Archant
Two former military Land Rovers which had declined into little more than rusty wrecks are ready to return to work, but of quite a different nature.
Replacing the frontline with secluded hills and valleys, the overland-ready works of art will now be put to work ferrying passengers around the Mendips. Portishead couple Paul and Saz Casey spent months lovingly restoring the 40-year-old vehicles to add character to the adventure holidays and adrenaline sport activities they run with their business Try4Fun.
Paul said: “Having a military background I couldn’t resist the challenge of restoring these great old Land Rovers and using them for the business.
“Try4Fun is an adventure activities business where the emphasis is on fun and I think these beauties have fun written all over them.”
In addition to team-building days and family adventure holidays, Try4Fun helps local groups and organisations raise funds for good causes.
You may also want to watch:
Paul added: “Whether someone wants to abseil down a cliff, organise a sponsored night walk or explore caves and caverns, if it’s in the name of fundraising, the experienced team at Try4Fun can help.
“We lend a helping hand to good causes by taking no upfront payments and organising all the necessary administration before and after the event.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
“We pride ourselves in offering the best bespoke experience and event solution to meet all needs, offering activities that leave participants walking away knowing they have achieved something that many others only dream of doing.”
With the Land Rovers complete, Paul and Saz have just taken delivery of an old boat which they plan to restore and add to the Try4Fun fleet.”