Welcome breakfast for new students in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
New starters at Nailsea School tucked into freshly-baked goodies during a welcome breakfast.
Tout's Budgens, in Wraxall, donated an abundance of croissants and pain au chocolat as well as fruit and juices to treat new year seven students and sixth formers.
The breakfast was served to the younger pupils to help them get their bearings before the rest of the school joined them the following day, while new sixth formers turned up later to enjoy a brunch.
The first day back for year seven students was full of activities to help them find their way around the building and understand lesson timetables.
A school spokesman said: "It was a brilliant start, providing the beginners with a great foundation to start their next journey."
You may also want to watch:
The school is holding an open evening on September 26 from 6-8.30pm for pupils starting secondary education in 2020.
- 1 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 4 Storyboat 700+ sets sail in Portishead for 2021
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Clevedon School launches pop-up shop to support low income families
- 7 Clevedon strengthen squad with signing of Gloucestershire duo Higgins and Warner
- 8 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call