Welcome breakfast for new students in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
New starters at Nailsea School tucked into freshly-baked goodies during a welcome breakfast.
Tout's Budgens, in Wraxall, donated an abundance of croissants and pain au chocolat as well as fruit and juices to treat new year seven students and sixth formers.
The breakfast was served to the younger pupils to help them get their bearings before the rest of the school joined them the following day, while new sixth formers turned up later to enjoy a brunch.
The first day back for year seven students was full of activities to help them find their way around the building and understand lesson timetables.
A school spokesman said: "It was a brilliant start, providing the beginners with a great foundation to start their next journey."
You may also want to watch:
The school is holding an open evening on September 26 from 6-8.30pm for pupils starting secondary education in 2020.
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 7 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 8 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 9 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 10 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance