Welcome breakfast for new students in Nailsea
- Credit: Archant
New starters at Nailsea School tucked into freshly-baked goodies during a welcome breakfast.
Tout's Budgens, in Wraxall, donated an abundance of croissants and pain au chocolat as well as fruit and juices to treat new year seven students and sixth formers.
The breakfast was served to the younger pupils to help them get their bearings before the rest of the school joined them the following day, while new sixth formers turned up later to enjoy a brunch.
The first day back for year seven students was full of activities to help them find their way around the building and understand lesson timetables.
A school spokesman said: "It was a brilliant start, providing the beginners with a great foundation to start their next journey."
The school is holding an open evening on September 26 from 6-8.30pm for pupils starting secondary education in 2020.
- 1 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 2 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 3 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 4 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 5 PICTURES: Mum and daughter launch 'buzzing' Christmas market
- 6 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 7 Clevedon Town to play Brxiham after Tavistock thrown out of FA Vase
- 8 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 9 Nailsea & Backwell RFC maintain perfect start with Bristol Imperial win
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved