Bruce says g’day to Clevedon children
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon schoolchildren had an Australian visitor last week.
A VISITOR from the other side of the world travelled thousands of miles to meet schoolchildren in Clevedon.
Pupils in reception and years one and two at All Saints East Clevedon Primary School have been studying the country of Australia as their latest class topic.
This has included making colourful displays in their classrooms, including one of the Great Barrier Reef, another of Ayer’s Rock and an indoor beach.
On Thursday, colourful character Bruce McShane paid the children a visit to talk to them about Australia’s history and traditions.
You may also want to watch:
After a song and ceremonial dance, one teacher also agreed to have her face painted.
- 1 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Camera club wants new members to join
- 9 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained