Bruce says g’day to Clevedon children
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon schoolchildren had an Australian visitor last week.
A VISITOR from the other side of the world travelled thousands of miles to meet schoolchildren in Clevedon.
Pupils in reception and years one and two at All Saints East Clevedon Primary School have been studying the country of Australia as their latest class topic.
This has included making colourful displays in their classrooms, including one of the Great Barrier Reef, another of Ayer’s Rock and an indoor beach.
On Thursday, colourful character Bruce McShane paid the children a visit to talk to them about Australia’s history and traditions.
You may also want to watch:
After a song and ceremonial dance, one teacher also agreed to have her face painted.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 6 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'