Bruce says g’day to Clevedon children
- Credit: Archant
Clevedon schoolchildren had an Australian visitor last week.
A VISITOR from the other side of the world travelled thousands of miles to meet schoolchildren in Clevedon.
Pupils in reception and years one and two at All Saints East Clevedon Primary School have been studying the country of Australia as their latest class topic.
This has included making colourful displays in their classrooms, including one of the Great Barrier Reef, another of Ayer’s Rock and an indoor beach.
On Thursday, colourful character Bruce McShane paid the children a visit to talk to them about Australia’s history and traditions.
You may also want to watch:
After a song and ceremonial dance, one teacher also agreed to have her face painted.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working