Broadchurch star back in town
- Credit: Archant
A TV actor who starred in the successful drama, Broadchurch, officially opened a new facility at Clevedon School.
Joe Sims, who played the plumber Nigel Carter in the popular ITV series, visited the school on Friday to unveil the new sixth form block.
He was joined by make-up artist, Grace Kingsley, who also worked on the drama which was filmed in Clevedon.
As special guests at the event, they both gave an interesting insight into how they have developed their careers. Bristol-born Joe also ran a drama workshop with year 12 students who were also joined by pupils from Gordano and St Katherine’s schools.
The new building at the Valley Road school will be for pupils in years 12 and 13 to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
When a planning application was submitted for it last year, the school said it was needed to cater for its growing sixth form which had expanded from 130 to more than 210 pupils in the past five years.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 10 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day