Broadchurch star back in town
- Credit: Archant
A TV actor who starred in the successful drama, Broadchurch, officially opened a new facility at Clevedon School.
Joe Sims, who played the plumber Nigel Carter in the popular ITV series, visited the school on Friday to unveil the new sixth form block.
He was joined by make-up artist, Grace Kingsley, who also worked on the drama which was filmed in Clevedon.
As special guests at the event, they both gave an interesting insight into how they have developed their careers. Bristol-born Joe also ran a drama workshop with year 12 students who were also joined by pupils from Gordano and St Katherine’s schools.
The new building at the Valley Road school will be for pupils in years 12 and 13 to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
When a planning application was submitted for it last year, the school said it was needed to cater for its growing sixth form which had expanded from 130 to more than 210 pupils in the past five years.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 9 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 10 School offering transport to vaccination appointments