Broadchurch star back in town
- Credit: Archant
A TV actor who starred in the successful drama, Broadchurch, officially opened a new facility at Clevedon School.
Joe Sims, who played the plumber Nigel Carter in the popular ITV series, visited the school on Friday to unveil the new sixth form block.
He was joined by make-up artist, Grace Kingsley, who also worked on the drama which was filmed in Clevedon.
As special guests at the event, they both gave an interesting insight into how they have developed their careers. Bristol-born Joe also ran a drama workshop with year 12 students who were also joined by pupils from Gordano and St Katherine’s schools.
The new building at the Valley Road school will be for pupils in years 12 and 13 to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
When a planning application was submitted for it last year, the school said it was needed to cater for its growing sixth form which had expanded from 130 to more than 210 pupils in the past five years.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp