Sports stars awarded at Nailsea School
- Credit: Archant
Sports stars from Nailsea School were presented with awards for their impressive achievements this year.
The Sports Personality Awards were held at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House in Congresbury.
Bristol Rugby player Tom Varndell was the guest speaker at the event. The rugby star impressed students with a motivating speech followed by a question and answer session.
Pupils from year seven to 11 were presented with awards for their commitment to a variety of sports.
The evening was dedicated to Wyn Daniel, the former head of PE at Nailsea School, who passed away earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant head of PE, Dan Van Grudgings said: “To have the English Premiership’s all-time leading try scorer as our guest speaker was absolutely incredible, so a huge thank you to Tom for coming down to speak to us.
“His presence was made even more special by the fact that the evening was dedicated to Wyn Daniel.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 5 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
“Wyn was a huge rugby fan who inspired thousands of students during his 36 years at Nailsea School.”