Sports stars awarded at Nailsea School
- Credit: Archant
Sports stars from Nailsea School were presented with awards for their impressive achievements this year.
The Sports Personality Awards were held at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House in Congresbury.
Bristol Rugby player Tom Varndell was the guest speaker at the event. The rugby star impressed students with a motivating speech followed by a question and answer session.
Pupils from year seven to 11 were presented with awards for their commitment to a variety of sports.
The evening was dedicated to Wyn Daniel, the former head of PE at Nailsea School, who passed away earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant head of PE, Dan Van Grudgings said: “To have the English Premiership’s all-time leading try scorer as our guest speaker was absolutely incredible, so a huge thank you to Tom for coming down to speak to us.
“His presence was made even more special by the fact that the evening was dedicated to Wyn Daniel.
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 4 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 5 Carpenter remembers Clevedon's Bristol Combination Vase triumph
- 6 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 9 Volunteers launch website for Trendlewood Park
- 10 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
“Wyn was a huge rugby fan who inspired thousands of students during his 36 years at Nailsea School.”