‘Brilliant’ report for Orca Kids Club during Ofsted inspection
- Credit: Archant
A kids club in Nailsea which runs activities during the summer holidays and after school has improved its Ofsted rating.
Orca Kids Club, which runs from Nailsea School, was told it required improvement after an inspection last year, but it is now meeting requirements.
Despite the improvement, owner and manager Vicky Payton is disappointed with the rating as she was told it would have been ‘good to outstanding’ if younger children were attending on the day.
She said: “Ofsted only do evaluations on early years foundation stage (EYFS) children and because we didn’t have any in that day we were only able to get a ‘meets requirements’ rating.
“We had brilliant unofficial feedback from the inspector, though. She was full of praise and said we’d done an awful lot of work since our last inspection. I asked what we would have been if we had EYFS children in and she said at least good to outstanding, which is what we used to be.
You may also want to watch:
“We are doing very well. We had one blip which was 18 months ago where we got a ‘needs improvement’ report for an administrative issue, but we are well on track again.
“We’ve been running for 15 years and, apart from that one report, we’ve been good to outstanding.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 Portishead garden protected from development
- 4 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 7 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 8 Murray named player of month at Clevedon
- 9 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
The club provides childcare during the holidays and after school club in term time with a wide range of activities for the children.