School-boy wins scooter following road safety week
- Credit: Archant
A primary school boy scooped a top prize after designing a superhero during Road Safety Week.
Jackson, who attends Mary Elton Primary School, picked up a new scooter after he wowed judges with his Sam The Sign masterpiece.
The year four pupil was tasked with the challenge of creating a hero with a power which relates to road safety, during the Road Safety Superhero Design competition set by North Somerset Council.
Jackson was chosen as one of three winners across North Somerset.
During Road Safety Week, the pupils also learned road safety tasks such as tracking the history of car safety and working collaboratively to create road safety leaflets for their peers.
You may also want to watch:
They also researched the safety aspects of seatbelts, driverless cars, brakes and airbags.
Teacher at the school, Cheryl Brown, said: "We were especially delighted when we heard about Jackson's win."
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 8 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 9 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads