School-boy wins scooter following road safety week
- Credit: Archant
A primary school boy scooped a top prize after designing a superhero during Road Safety Week.
Jackson, who attends Mary Elton Primary School, picked up a new scooter after he wowed judges with his Sam The Sign masterpiece.
The year four pupil was tasked with the challenge of creating a hero with a power which relates to road safety, during the Road Safety Superhero Design competition set by North Somerset Council.
Jackson was chosen as one of three winners across North Somerset.
During Road Safety Week, the pupils also learned road safety tasks such as tracking the history of car safety and working collaboratively to create road safety leaflets for their peers.
You may also want to watch:
They also researched the safety aspects of seatbelts, driverless cars, brakes and airbags.
Teacher at the school, Cheryl Brown, said: "We were especially delighted when we heard about Jackson's win."
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners