Boxes for Operation Christmas Child
MORE than 150 boxes were filled with gifts by schoolchildren in Flax Bourton.
As part of Operation Christmas Child, youngsters at the village primary school were asked to bring in items to include in the shoe boxes, which will be sent to less fortunate children in Belarus.
A total of 159 boxes were completed for boys and girls ranging in age from two to four and five to nine.
They contained items including toiletries, toys, scarves, hats and stationery.
Help was provided by members of the village church, rotary club as well as parents.
You may also want to watch:
Teacher Mary Bush is going to Belarus in January to deliver some shoeboxes and hopes to bring back some interesting stories for the children to listen to.
Operation Christmas Child has been running for the past 20 years and sees boxes of gifts delivered to youngsters across the world.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week