Beauty and the Beast at Backwell School
THE heart-warming musical Beauty and the Beast will be performed by an impressive cast of Backwell School pupils.
The classic Disney tale of discovering beauty from within is being put on by the school’s sixth form.
Students at the Station Road school have taken on the many roles involved in the show including directing and performing to costume production and financial management.
Proceeds from the show will go to the Meningitis Trust, a charity which works closely with families and people affected by meningitis.
The production’s co-director, Sophie Coghlan, said: “Meningitis Trust is an organisation that means a lot to me as I have had a close personal experience with the disease.
You may also want to watch:
“I have also worked with the charity and the vast amounts of great work it has done for people over the past five years.”
Beauty and the Beast will be performed at Backwell School at 7.30pm on December 6-8.
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 5 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 8 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
Tickets, priced �5-7, are now on sale from the school’s reception from 1-2pm each school day.