Beauty and the Beast at Backwell School
THE heart-warming musical Beauty and the Beast will be performed by an impressive cast of Backwell School pupils.
The classic Disney tale of discovering beauty from within is being put on by the school’s sixth form.
Students at the Station Road school have taken on the many roles involved in the show including directing and performing to costume production and financial management.
Proceeds from the show will go to the Meningitis Trust, a charity which works closely with families and people affected by meningitis.
The production’s co-director, Sophie Coghlan, said: “Meningitis Trust is an organisation that means a lot to me as I have had a close personal experience with the disease.
You may also want to watch:
“I have also worked with the charity and the vast amounts of great work it has done for people over the past five years.”
Beauty and the Beast will be performed at Backwell School at 7.30pm on December 6-8.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave
- 6 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
Tickets, priced �5-7, are now on sale from the school’s reception from 1-2pm each school day.