Bakers boost Bristol hospital appeal
- Credit: Supplied
Hundreds of cakes have been baked in Long Ashton for Bristol Children’s Hospital.
Pupils from Birdwell Primary School and Early Birds Nursery, both in Hollis Close, got involved in Wallace and Gromit’s Big Bake, which raises money for the hospital.
The school was inspired to take part after a child at Early Birds Nursery underwent open heart surgery last year, aged just three years old.
A school spokesman said: “We wanted to get involved with this as so many of our families have been helped by the wonderful hospital.
“We aren’t yet sure of the total raised, but we are so thankful to all of our wonderful Birdwell and Early Birds families who baked and bought the fabulous cakes and those who helped sell them too.”
You may also want to watch:
The children’s efforts were rewarded with a visit Wallace and Gromit themselves.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery