Bakers boost Bristol hospital appeal
- Credit: Supplied
Hundreds of cakes have been baked in Long Ashton for Bristol Children’s Hospital.
Pupils from Birdwell Primary School and Early Birds Nursery, both in Hollis Close, got involved in Wallace and Gromit’s Big Bake, which raises money for the hospital.
The school was inspired to take part after a child at Early Birds Nursery underwent open heart surgery last year, aged just three years old.
A school spokesman said: “We wanted to get involved with this as so many of our families have been helped by the wonderful hospital.
“We aren’t yet sure of the total raised, but we are so thankful to all of our wonderful Birdwell and Early Birds families who baked and bought the fabulous cakes and those who helped sell them too.”
You may also want to watch:
The children’s efforts were rewarded with a visit Wallace and Gromit themselves.
- 1 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 2 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder