Bakers boost Bristol hospital appeal
- Credit: Supplied
Hundreds of cakes have been baked in Long Ashton for Bristol Children’s Hospital.
Pupils from Birdwell Primary School and Early Birds Nursery, both in Hollis Close, got involved in Wallace and Gromit’s Big Bake, which raises money for the hospital.
The school was inspired to take part after a child at Early Birds Nursery underwent open heart surgery last year, aged just three years old.
A school spokesman said: “We wanted to get involved with this as so many of our families have been helped by the wonderful hospital.
“We aren’t yet sure of the total raised, but we are so thankful to all of our wonderful Birdwell and Early Birds families who baked and bought the fabulous cakes and those who helped sell them too.”
You may also want to watch:
The children’s efforts were rewarded with a visit Wallace and Gromit themselves.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 5 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 6 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 7 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 8 Clevedon's Hayer enjoying international exposure
- 9 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 10 Local girls earn call-up to England squad