GCSE results day: Backwell students ‘very happy’ with results
- Credit: Archant
Students from Backwell are celebrating today (Thursday) after receiving the grades they wanted following an anxious and confusing week.
Many pupils chose to receive their results at home via email, while some ventured into the school, in Station Road, to celebrate with friends.
Headteacher Jon Nunes said pupils picked up their results against a ‘backdrop of anxiety’ following a week full of confusion and changes to the way results were to be graded.
Mr Nunes said it was ‘extremely rewarding’ to see the vast majority of students had secured their places at the institution and course of their choice.
He also stressed what a relief it was that students were ‘very happy’ with their result and felt the grades they received reflected their effort and accomplishment.
He said: “I am incredibly proud of what our year 11 students have achieved and of the way they have handled the additional challenges that the last five months have given them.
“We are thrilled that a record number of these students have applied to stay at Backwell for sixth form study and look forward to welcoming them back.
- 1 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 2 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 3 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 4 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 5 Portishead Tennis Club to host open day on new courts
- 6 Nailsea CC return to winning ways with big win at Frampton Cotterell seconds
- 7 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
- 8 Barrow Gurney lose unbeaten record after batting collapse
- 9 Cleeve and Portishead combine to produce exciting tie
- 10 Clevedon Town announce retained list as Davies, Kemsley and Babington depart
“Today also marks the end of a very long process for our staff as well.
“I would like to thank all my colleagues for their dedication over this period of time, especially our exams team for their resilience and hard work over the past few weeks.”