Backwell School students celebrate their prom – in pictures
- Credit: Archant
After months of revision and exams, year 11 students at a North Somerset school took the chance to let their hair down at their prom.
Backwell School’s prom took place on yesterday (Wednesday), with students dressing in stunning gowns and sharp suits to celebrate the end of their GCSEs.
The event was held at Cadbury House, in Congresbury, and some students decided to arrive in very creative ways – with some making an entrance on a boat.
They then danced the night away.
Many of the teenagers will continue their studies at Backwell School’s sixth form, where they will take their A-level exams before choosing to go onto university or work.
You may also want to watch:
The students will receive their GCSE results, along with the rest of the country, on August 23.
Pictures will be featured in the North Somerset Times on July 4.
- 1 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 2 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop
- 3 May 17: Hall & Woodhouse Portishead opens indoors next week
- 4 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 5 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 6 Family days out in North Somerset
- 7 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 8 North Somerset communities benefit from development levy
- 9 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 10 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?