Backwell School students celebrate their prom – in pictures
- Credit: Archant
After months of revision and exams, year 11 students at a North Somerset school took the chance to let their hair down at their prom.
Backwell School’s prom took place on yesterday (Wednesday), with students dressing in stunning gowns and sharp suits to celebrate the end of their GCSEs.
The event was held at Cadbury House, in Congresbury, and some students decided to arrive in very creative ways – with some making an entrance on a boat.
They then danced the night away.
Many of the teenagers will continue their studies at Backwell School’s sixth form, where they will take their A-level exams before choosing to go onto university or work.
You may also want to watch:
The students will receive their GCSE results, along with the rest of the country, on August 23.
Pictures will be featured in the North Somerset Times on July 4.
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 Nursery birthday parties provide normality to children in lockdown
- 5 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 6 Clevedon School thanks NHS with giant light display
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 9 Chamber of commerce set to adopt name change
- 10 Portishead Town's Trueman cancer diagnosis prompts £50,000 fundraising initiative