Backwell Junior School pupil organises bake sale for World Cancer Day
- Credit: Zoe O'Keefe
A Backwell Junior School pupil raised more than £100 through a bake sale for World Cancer Day.
Year six pupil, Georgia O’Keefe decided to raise money for youth cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
Backwell Junior School head teacher Nick Webster said: “We are incredibly proud of Georgia for using her, initiative taking charge, and organising the bake sale.
“She presented her idea in assembly as well as making posters to advertise the event.
“It was a huge success raising £117.
You may also want to watch:
“One of our school’s aims is teaching students about responsibility, and Georgia certainly took that.”
CLIC Sargent’s fundraising engagement manager Rachel Webster said: “We’re hugely grateful to Georgia for her super baking efforts.
- 1 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 2 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 3 Portishead garden protected from development
- 4 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 7 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 8 Murray named player of month at Clevedon
- 9 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call
“That vital money will go towards helping and supporting young people with cancer.”