Backwell Junior School pupil organises bake sale for World Cancer Day
- Credit: Zoe O'Keefe
A Backwell Junior School pupil raised more than £100 through a bake sale for World Cancer Day.
Year six pupil, Georgia O’Keefe decided to raise money for youth cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
Backwell Junior School head teacher Nick Webster said: “We are incredibly proud of Georgia for using her, initiative taking charge, and organising the bake sale.
“She presented her idea in assembly as well as making posters to advertise the event.
“It was a huge success raising £117.
You may also want to watch:
“One of our school’s aims is teaching students about responsibility, and Georgia certainly took that.”
CLIC Sargent’s fundraising engagement manager Rachel Webster said: “We’re hugely grateful to Georgia for her super baking efforts.
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 8 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 9 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
“That vital money will go towards helping and supporting young people with cancer.”