Backwell Junior School pupil organises bake sale for World Cancer Day
- Credit: Zoe O'Keefe
A Backwell Junior School pupil raised more than £100 through a bake sale for World Cancer Day.
Year six pupil, Georgia O’Keefe decided to raise money for youth cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
Backwell Junior School head teacher Nick Webster said: “We are incredibly proud of Georgia for using her, initiative taking charge, and organising the bake sale.
“She presented her idea in assembly as well as making posters to advertise the event.
“It was a huge success raising £117.
You may also want to watch:
“One of our school’s aims is teaching students about responsibility, and Georgia certainly took that.”
CLIC Sargent’s fundraising engagement manager Rachel Webster said: “We’re hugely grateful to Georgia for her super baking efforts.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 8 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 9 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
“That vital money will go towards helping and supporting young people with cancer.”