Author to give talk to parents at a school in Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
An expert on raising healthy children is to give an inspirational talk at Clevedon School.
Fabienne Vailes will give tips from her and Dr Dominiques Thompson's book How To Grow A Grown Up at the academy, in Valley Road, on February 6 at 6.30pm.
The talk will help parents to build their child's confidence and resilience, so they can become a strong, happy and independent adult.
The talk includes an overview of the pressures and problems facing the current generation of young people, and why are they increasingly stressed, anxious or suffering from mental health issues.
Fabienne said: "We're fast approaching the third decade of the 21st century and it's a very different world from the one in which parents and teachers grew up in.
You may also want to watch:
"Challenging issues have come together - including cyber bullying, 'always-on' culture and ever increasing pressure to do well - to create a perfect storm."
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Special school expansion progress
- 3 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 4 Road to Wimbledon chance for North Somerset youngsters
- 5 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 6 Cleeve denied close finish as Clevedon friendly abandoned
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen