Author to give talk to parents at a school in Clevedon
- Credit: Archant
An expert on raising healthy children is to give an inspirational talk at Clevedon School.
Fabienne Vailes will give tips from her and Dr Dominiques Thompson's book How To Grow A Grown Up at the academy, in Valley Road, on February 6 at 6.30pm.
The talk will help parents to build their child's confidence and resilience, so they can become a strong, happy and independent adult.
The talk includes an overview of the pressures and problems facing the current generation of young people, and why are they increasingly stressed, anxious or suffering from mental health issues.
Fabienne said: "We're fast approaching the third decade of the 21st century and it's a very different world from the one in which parents and teachers grew up in.
You may also want to watch:
"Challenging issues have come together - including cyber bullying, 'always-on' culture and ever increasing pressure to do well - to create a perfect storm."
- 1 Plant-based diet helps Clevedon man fight cancer
- 2 How a Nailsea care home weathered the Covid-19 storm
- 3 Businesses donate nearly 500 computers to support pupils in lockdown
- 4 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 5 Caroline Goddard wins community hero competition
- 6 Daly on Portishead Town's season so far and ambitions for the future
- 7 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 8 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 9 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 10 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5