Author inspires pupils with monster story
- Credit: Archant
Children from Nailsea learnt about a new monster when an author visited their school this week.
Bryony Thomson joined pupils at St Francis Primary School to talk to them about her new book, The Wardrobe Monster.
A school spokesman said: “St Francis Primary School was very lucky to have her visit them to talk about her new book The Wardrobe Monster.
“The children really enjoyed hearing her read from the book and she also showed them how she created an illustration of a new monster.
“The children all had a go at designing their own monster, who knows, perhaps for a future book.”
Ms Thomson is the debut author and illustrator of The Wardrobe Monster – a reassuring story for all children who imagine monsters in the dark.
The writer helped children come up with their own creations and inspired them to pen their own adventures.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead
- 10 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon