Athletics competition at Nailsea School
RUNNING, throwing and jumping were the order of the day at an inter-school athletics competition held in Nailsea School’s sports hall.
Year five and six pupils from Yatton and Highdown Junior Schools and Winford Primary School battled it out with Yatton narrowly beating Highdown in the last race of the day.
The event was organised by North Somerset School Sports Partnership (NSSSP) and former Nailsea School PE teacher and North Somerset athletics promoter Dave Turner, with the help of 13 of the secondary school’s sports leaders.
NSSSP spokesman and PE teacher Del Shayler said: “The event was very fiercely contested, with great support for all competitors from the schools and parents.
“Good luck to the two winning teams at the next round.
You may also want to watch:
“And thanks go to Nailsea School for their leaders and facilities and to the schools willing to support the event.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 3 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 4 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 5 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Green light for active travel scheme