Athletics competition at Nailsea School
RUNNING, throwing and jumping were the order of the day at an inter-school athletics competition held in Nailsea School’s sports hall.
Year five and six pupils from Yatton and Highdown Junior Schools and Winford Primary School battled it out with Yatton narrowly beating Highdown in the last race of the day.
The event was organised by North Somerset School Sports Partnership (NSSSP) and former Nailsea School PE teacher and North Somerset athletics promoter Dave Turner, with the help of 13 of the secondary school’s sports leaders.
NSSSP spokesman and PE teacher Del Shayler said: “The event was very fiercely contested, with great support for all competitors from the schools and parents.
“Good luck to the two winning teams at the next round.
You may also want to watch:
“And thanks go to Nailsea School for their leaders and facilities and to the schools willing to support the event.”
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 8 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 9 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown