Athletics competition at Nailsea School
RUNNING, throwing and jumping were the order of the day at an inter-school athletics competition held in Nailsea School’s sports hall.
Year five and six pupils from Yatton and Highdown Junior Schools and Winford Primary School battled it out with Yatton narrowly beating Highdown in the last race of the day.
The event was organised by North Somerset School Sports Partnership (NSSSP) and former Nailsea School PE teacher and North Somerset athletics promoter Dave Turner, with the help of 13 of the secondary school’s sports leaders.
NSSSP spokesman and PE teacher Del Shayler said: “The event was very fiercely contested, with great support for all competitors from the schools and parents.
“Good luck to the two winning teams at the next round.
You may also want to watch:
“And thanks go to Nailsea School for their leaders and facilities and to the schools willing to support the event.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Jones "proud" of what he achieved with Ashton & Backwell United
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches