Artists inspire visitors
- Credit: Archant
Amazing artwork on display
Still life drawings and portraits were just some of the impressive works of art on display at Gordano School.
The school held its annual art show and invited the public in to view the exam pieces and case studies by students from years 11, 12 and 13.
Some of the GCSE projects featured included clay, organic, still life and portraits and visitors could look through students’ work books to see how they developed their initial ideas and concepts into final pieces.
Year 13 student, Molly Jaggard, said: “My favourite art topic to date was the structure project. We were encouraged to try to use as many different media as possible in order to learn more about them.
You may also want to watch:
“I enjoyed working with oil pastels as they create a vibrant colour base, and they’re easier to control than acrylic paints.”
- 1 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 2 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 3 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'
- 6 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads
- 7 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp