Artists inspire visitors
- Credit: Archant
Amazing artwork on display
Still life drawings and portraits were just some of the impressive works of art on display at Gordano School.
The school held its annual art show and invited the public in to view the exam pieces and case studies by students from years 11, 12 and 13.
Some of the GCSE projects featured included clay, organic, still life and portraits and visitors could look through students’ work books to see how they developed their initial ideas and concepts into final pieces.
Year 13 student, Molly Jaggard, said: “My favourite art topic to date was the structure project. We were encouraged to try to use as many different media as possible in order to learn more about them.
You may also want to watch:
“I enjoyed working with oil pastels as they create a vibrant colour base, and they’re easier to control than acrylic paints.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 5 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Portishead garden protected from development
- 8 Region's youth offending service praised by inspectors
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season