Artists inspire visitors
- Credit: Archant
Amazing artwork on display
Still life drawings and portraits were just some of the impressive works of art on display at Gordano School.
The school held its annual art show and invited the public in to view the exam pieces and case studies by students from years 11, 12 and 13.
Some of the GCSE projects featured included clay, organic, still life and portraits and visitors could look through students’ work books to see how they developed their initial ideas and concepts into final pieces.
Year 13 student, Molly Jaggard, said: “My favourite art topic to date was the structure project. We were encouraged to try to use as many different media as possible in order to learn more about them.
“I enjoyed working with oil pastels as they create a vibrant colour base, and they’re easier to control than acrylic paints.”
- 1 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 2 North Somerset schools receive £1,000 memorial donation
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 5 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 6 Clevedon School Christmas tree sale raises money for foodbank
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 9 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 10 Nailsea Lions Christmas float route revealed