Artists inspire visitors
- Credit: Archant
Amazing artwork on display
Still life drawings and portraits were just some of the impressive works of art on display at Gordano School.
The school held its annual art show and invited the public in to view the exam pieces and case studies by students from years 11, 12 and 13.
Some of the GCSE projects featured included clay, organic, still life and portraits and visitors could look through students’ work books to see how they developed their initial ideas and concepts into final pieces.
Year 13 student, Molly Jaggard, said: “My favourite art topic to date was the structure project. We were encouraged to try to use as many different media as possible in order to learn more about them.
You may also want to watch:
“I enjoyed working with oil pastels as they create a vibrant colour base, and they’re easier to control than acrylic paints.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 8 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign