Army Cadets Force appeals for volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A national charity is on the hunt for adult volunteers to join groups in Clevedon, Nailsea, Portishead and Yatton.
Army cadets takes part in activities such as rock climbing, mountain biking, archery and abseiling and the group hosts regular competitions for boys and girls at county, regional and national level.
The Army Cadet Force (ACF) has nearly 40,000 members in more than 1,600 detachments in the UK.
The charity is backed by the country's Ministry of Defence and British Army and it was founded by Octavia Hill in 1859.
Along with the Sea Cadet and Air Training Corps, the ACF make up the UK's Community Cadet Forces group.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to apply to volunteer, visit www.armycadets.com or call 01823 284486.
- 1 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 2 Portishead garden protected from development
- 3 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 5 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 6 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 7 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 8 Murray named player of month at Clevedon
- 9 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call