Army Cadets Force appeals for volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A national charity is on the hunt for adult volunteers to join groups in Clevedon, Nailsea, Portishead and Yatton.
Army cadets takes part in activities such as rock climbing, mountain biking, archery and abseiling and the group hosts regular competitions for boys and girls at county, regional and national level.
The Army Cadet Force (ACF) has nearly 40,000 members in more than 1,600 detachments in the UK.
The charity is backed by the country's Ministry of Defence and British Army and it was founded by Octavia Hill in 1859.
Along with the Sea Cadet and Air Training Corps, the ACF make up the UK's Community Cadet Forces group.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to apply to volunteer, visit www.armycadets.com or call 01823 284486.
- 1 North Somerset restaurants reopening outside next week
- 2 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 3 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 4 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 Modern three-bedroom eco house with lovely gardens
- 7 Housing group contributes £400,000 for North Somerset rugby club revamp
- 8 Best scenic dog walks in North Somerset and Somerset
- 9 FA publish updated grassroots football guidance
- 10 Plan to cut traffic on rural roads