Anya inspires diabetes fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A NAILSEA pupil inspired her peers to attend lessons in their onesies to raise money for the Juveline Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
Anya, who is now in year six, was diagnosed with diabetes when she was in year two.
She wrote to all the parents and children at the school to ask them to come to lessons in their onesies and pyjamas in exchange for a £1 donation to the charity.
Families and Tesco in Nailsea also donated cakes to sell and year six pupils decorated biscuits for the cause.
JDRF leads research into the cure, prevention and treatment of diabetes and its complications.
You may also want to watch:
Anya said: “This research is very important. Everyone has tried really hard to support me and it’s been a lot of fun.”
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 6 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 7 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Clevedon to celebrate National Poetry Day
- 10 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town