Anya inspires diabetes fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A NAILSEA pupil inspired her peers to attend lessons in their onesies to raise money for the Juveline Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
Anya, who is now in year six, was diagnosed with diabetes when she was in year two.
She wrote to all the parents and children at the school to ask them to come to lessons in their onesies and pyjamas in exchange for a £1 donation to the charity.
Families and Tesco in Nailsea also donated cakes to sell and year six pupils decorated biscuits for the cause.
JDRF leads research into the cure, prevention and treatment of diabetes and its complications.
Anya said: “This research is very important. Everyone has tried really hard to support me and it’s been a lot of fun.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 Portishead teachers may strike due to long working hours
- 6 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 Tributes paid to much-loved former councillor Derrick Lovering
- 9 Charity wants local views on renewables in Congresbury and Puxton
- 10 Village to host first ever season of live events